Chief Business Development Officer (TGL)
Private group. To request membership, click Join and your request will be reviewed by the group manager.
The Chief Business Development Officer is the professional network for senior executives leading the business development function on their company.
A Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO) is a function within a company established beside the other executive functions like CEO or COO.
The CBDO is expected to have a broad and comprehensive knowledge of all matters related to the business of the organization with an eye towards identifying new sales perspectives and driving business growth and requirements for product development that will be coordinated with R&D function.
Responsibilities can include:
1. Elaborate business development plans, design and implement processes to support business growth, through customer and market definition.
2. Facilitate business growth by working together with clients as well as business partners (suppliers, subcontractors, JV partners, technology providers, etc.).
3. Build and maintain high-level contacts with current and prospective customer and other business and project partners.
4. Drive prospects through to contract award (including identifying new customers and markets, developing approaches to the market, identifying prospects, proposal preparation, etc.)
5. Develop marketing strategy, manage proposal teams and client account managers.
The mission of the group is to network business development professional, to share information and insights, and to facilitate business transactions and professional growth.
This is part of The Global Leaders.